Sunday 11 May 2014

40 and Single

These days with my birthday fast approaching, every time I mention my age, the question I get asked the most is "Don't you think it's time you get married and settle down?". My answer is always, why?

Why should my age mean that I need to get hitched? Shouldn't it be a case of meeting the person that is capable of loving and living with your faults? I have no desire to ever get divorced and as such will never get married just to get married!


I've already said no twice and I'll keep saying it until the person asking proves that he can cope with  ALL my faults and I can live with his.

The problem for me though is I've already met that person but unfortunately he came into my life when we were too young and circumstances split us before we could go down that road.

I'm now hoping that what they say about everyone having three great loves is true. If it is, I have 20 years in which to meet at least one of the other two.

And in the mean time, I'll have fun looking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment