Tuesday 6 May 2014

Run? Looks more like walk!

As part of the need to create a healthier me, I've been doing a running program which is designed to get couch-potatoes, such as myself, moving. It's called Couch to 5k and more information can be found here.


I've just completed week 7 and I've got to say, I'm feeling quite proud!

On my first run of the week I was really going for it with arms and everything, fully at my limit when I caught my reflection in a building I was running past.

I almost stopped!

There I was thinking that Usain Bolt would never catch me! And my reflection looked like someone taking a leisurely stroll!

Luckily, the voice in my ear spoke to me at that moment and said, "running is not so much about speed but more about building endurance and stamina". It couldn't have come at a better time! I carried on and by the end of the week I was covering a lot more distance at each time check.

I've now made it a point of duty not to look at my reflection as I run past.

I will complete the plan and become the healthier version of me that I'm striving for!



No comments:

Post a Comment