Saturday 3 May 2014

Online Dating

Most people I know get scared about online dating thinking you'll only find weirdos and perverts.


Truth be told, you'll find those on the bus/train, walking on the street, church, club, etc. Wherever you meet someone, the potential is there for them to be a mass murderer or rapist. The same dating rules apply wherever you meet them, male or female. Until you actually get to know someone you'll never know what they will or won't do.

Recently though, I've been coming across quite a few people in happy relationships where they met their partner online so thought I'd give it a try. 

With the help of a work colleague I got set up online and started getting messages. Ok, most of the guys actually seemed to be there just to find someone to have sex with but you figure out those ones pretty quick and stay clear of them. 

Anyway, after much conversing, finally gave a guy my number and we arranged a meeting at a nice pub that serves food as well. We met, started chatting and all was going great! Conversation got around to our kids and we started showing pictures. Showed him a pic of T and he called my son by his full name!!!!!!!

I was so shocked! He knew my son from church which also meant he knew my ex! All I wanted was for the ground to open up and swallow me. The only good thing after that was hearing how my son is a blessed child and how all the church members love him. 

Turns out I went online to find someone who lives 10 mins away. And knows my son! There I was finally thinking I could stop being "T's mom" only to find I can't run from it. 

The point I'm trying to make is there are nice guys online and if this guy hadn't known my son, we would have at least gone out once more.

Having all my friends laughing and saying I'm the only person that could happen to has put me off trying again. But never say never! 



No comments:

Post a Comment